Combining Elements For A WOW Card! Playing along with the Paper Craft Crew Sketch this week, I was trying to use some of the new In Colors and stamping supplies that I’ve gotten recently.
This is one of those cards that I had to let sit overnight and look at the next day. You know how you make a card and you aren’t in love with it and in disgust, you toss it aside on your craft table. The next day you look at it and realize you actually like it in the light of a new day.
I actually made this card in two color combinations and ended up liking the more colorful one even more than the one on the traditional vanilla card base.
Making this card was a process. Okay…that’s a nice way of saying that I spent a lot of time, played with a lot of different elements until somehow I finished the card.
I’m not kidding. I was making a video while I was making the card and I kept die cutting different shapes and playing with colors until I realized that the video is over 25 minutes long and nobody will watch that. Plus, I just sound crazy changing my mind so many times making this card!
In the end, I like the card.
I did not start out in love with either the swirly bird products or the playful palette suite of products. I was also not certain about the new In Colors. It seemed like a crazy combination of colors that made no sense together.
Luckily, I always give stuff a chance. As I played with these new stamping supplies, I started to really like how they all worked together.
This week’s Paper Craft Crew Sketch helped the process along! It gave me a fantastic starting point to work from. When you lack inspiration, start with a card sketch.
- *Sweet Sugarplum cut at 4-1/4 x 11″, folded and scored at 5-1/2″;
- *Pink Flamingo scrap piece cut with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits and a small flower from the Bloomin’ Hearts Thinlits using the Big Shot
- *Playful Palette Designer Paper Stack cut at 2-1/2″ square
- Very Vanilla cut about 3/4″ x 3″, stamped in Basic Black, using the banner triple punch
- *Green Ruched Ribbon, about 4″
- Basic Pearl Jewel embellishments
- Gorgeous Grunge and the * Painter’s Palette stamp sets
Shop online at mystampingstore.com for supplies. (*New products will be available on June 1!)
Have a wonderful day!!