Happy Stamping Accidents!
Whether on purpose or by accident, you can create great spotches on your cards using your Stampin’ Write Markers!
I don’t know what was going on with me today, but I had smudges all over the cards that I was making. You know how that goes. A smudge shows up out of nowhere!
Instead of remaking the card, I decided to try a technique I saw somewhere a while ago that used a flicking technique with the marker cap and the brush end of the marker. IT’S FABULOUS!
Honestly, can you tell where the accidental smudges are? I worked with my stamping imperfection and I love the result!
Here is close up look at the cards:
- Whisper White cut at 5-1/2 x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4; cut one piece at 4 x 5-1/4″
- Pool Party cut at 4-1/8 x 5-3/8″
- Linen thread
- White enamel dots
- Stamp Sets: Lovely Amazing You (online only) and Love and Affection
- Inks: Basic Black, Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Versa Mark ink and Clear Embossing Powder
- Heat Tool and aqua painter
- I used clear embossing powder and heat set the rich razzleberry so it would not run when I colored in the Flamingo with the aqua painter.
- Try not to get the card stock too wet when using the aqua painter
- I stamped and masked the pink flowers first and then stamped the rest using the masks over the larger flowers.
Here is the second card:
My husband didn’t like this card. He said it was a mess and there was too much going on. What does he know?! I love it! It’s trendy and easy.
- Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″; cut one piece at 1-7/8″ x about 3″
- Pool Party cut at 2″ by about 3-1/4″
- Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Project Life Corner Rounder Punch
- Affectionately Yours Designer Washi Tape
- Stamp Set: Love and Affection
- Linen Thread, Gold Metallic Thread, Gold Sequins Trim
- Inks: Flirty Flamingo, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party and Old Olive markers then the Basic Black In Pad
- Just wad up that gold thread and attach it to the back of the tag with 4 or so glue dots
- I spotched only the top white tag and I like how clean and simple the rest of the card looks.
- The washi tape is actually Mint Macaron so you can substitute that for Pool Party
My New Favorite Color Combination:
Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive!!! I just feels so summery!
Two Minute Quick Tip Video: How To Create Splotches With Markers
Shop online at mystampingstore.com for all the latest supplies!
Thanks for dropping in today! Have a wonderful week!