DIY birthday cards can easily be created with the latest trends! One of my favorite trends is the banner! Stampin’ Up! has made this so simple to do with the new Banner Framelits!
This DIY card started with a sketch from the Paper Craft Crew! I love this sketch!
You can see that I added a detail by adding an extra banner with my sentiment. I also changed the position of the 3 elements next to the banner. What stamps and embellishments do you have in your stash that you could use to create your own card from this sketch?
- Papers: Coastal Cabana (4-1/4 x 11″, score and fold at 5-1/2″), Whisper White (3-3/4 x 5″), Baked Brown Sugar (3-5/8 x 4-7/8″), Whisper White (1 x 3″), Real Red (1-1/4 x 3-1/4″), Fresh Prints Designer Paper Stack (#132996)
- Inks: Coastal Cabana and Real Red
- Stamp Sets: Petite Petals, Perfect Pennants and Remembering Your Birthday
- Accessories: Big Shot, Banners Framelits, Petite Petals Punch, Neutrals Candy Dots, Linen Thread, Baked Brown Sugar Stretch Trim Ribbon
- Layer the Baked Brown Sugar card stock on top of the Whisper White.
- Cut the Fresh Prints paper with the Banner Framelit on the Big Shot. Wrap a piece of linen thread around the top of the banner and tie a bow. Attach a strip of the Baked Brown Sugar stretch trim ribbon to the right side of the banner and attach it to the center of the Baked Brown Sugar.
- Attach all layers to the card front.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set in real red on the small piece of the whisper white and cut a banner shape. Attach this to the real red and cut out the banner shape in the red, leaving a small amount of red showing all around the sentiment. Attach the sentiment layers to the center of the card front.
- Stamp one of the flowers from the petite petals in coastal cabana and real red. Punch them out with the petite petal punch. Attach them to the card front on the left of the sentiment banner with dimensionals.
- Add a candy dot to the center of each flower and add two candy dots to the lower right of the card front.
Printable card instructions: DIY Card: Petite Petals and Perfect Pennant Card
I absolutely love these new framelits and punches!!! I love that they created stamp sets to coordinate with them. It just makes stamping and creating so much easier and way more relaxing. If you only have 15 minutes to craft, you can get a card like this done in that short amount of time. (I’m not sure I’d get the card made and the table cleaned up in 15 minutes, but the card would get done!)
Shop online for your card making supplies at mystampingstore.com!
Thank you for visiting! Enjoy creating your DIY birthday cards with all of the latest trends!