Have you used your Washi Tape lately? Washi tape is an inexpensive card making embellishment. There are entire blogs devoted just to provide ideas for using your Washi Tape!
I shared an organizing website post yesterday on using Washi Tape to stay organized. (Or to get organized, if you are like me!)
I find myself pinning more cards using Washi Tape than I actually make. I decided it was time to open up that Pinterest Board I have that has cards I want to CASE (Copy and Share Everything!) and finally make one.
I hope that you are pinning cards from this website and CASEing away! My entire goal is to inspire you with new ideas and to teach you new techniques, or maybe remind you of techniques that you haven’t used in a while.
The original card that I pinned was from Archiversonline.com and they used only two colors in their card. There are a few details that I loved about that card that I wanted to use in this one:
- I love the rounded ends of the card. It’s such a hot trend right now and I just forget to do it! Several times in the last couple of weeks, I’ve written my blog post and then when I look at the picture I think how great this little detail would have been on certain cards.
- I love the clean and simple layout. I didn’t change the layout at all. That was what I loved most about the card.
- I love that it had 3 strips of tape, 3 buttons and 3 rhinestones.
- I loved that they matched the button colors, the ink color and the tape color to create a simple card.
What did I change to make the card with my own twist?
- I used 3 colors instead of two. Stampin ‘ Up! typically sells the tapes in sets of 3 rolls that coordinate. This is the Beach House set. I like the set together and the card felt brighter and happier than the original.
- I used coordinating buttons and coordinating Embossing Powder. This really is one of the things Stampin’ Up! does best. Their products coordinate across the board from the paper colors, embellishments, ribbons, inks…you name it. I love that I can get it all from one place without running from aisle to aisle trying to find something that might be a “pretty good match”. Stampin’ Up! supplies match perfectly every time!
- I embossed my sentiment in Crushed Curry embossing powder. They used colored ink and clear embossing powder. I often do that to get a coordinated look. I didn’t have to for this card because Stampin’ Up! just came out with a bunch of new embossing powder colors!
Imagine what you might have in your card stash to CASE this card. No Washi Tape? I bet you have some thin strips of patterned paper sitting in a scrap pile or folder that could be used instead. Maybe instead you have some leftover ribbon pieces that would work.
No heat embossing supplies? No problem. Use any color of ink. Even your basic black would work well here.
Hate the buttons? You could punch out some hearts or flowers and add those instead in coordinating card stock.
It’s so simple to change a card that you pin to use what you have on hand sitting right on your craft table right now!
Here is the video that I posted yesterday of this card:
Product List (As always, these products can be purchased in my online store at mystampingstore.com!)
Looking for more inspiration? Follow me on Pinterest!!!
I just pinned a bunch of Fall Decorating and Craft ideas yesterday!!! Maybe you will find some Washi projects to CASE there too!!!