Need last minute quick tag tips and ideas? Here are a few quick tags I just created because tonight is gift wrapping night!
- Use your punches to create quick and easy tags. The base of some of these tags was created quickly and easily by cutting 2″ strips of Whisper White card stock and giving the strips a decorative edge by sliding it through the back of the decorative label punch. I gave each 2 x 8-1/2″ strip a decorative edge on each end and then cut each strip in half, creating 2 tags!
- Use pieces that you have leftover from other projects. (Come on… take a look at that pile sitting next to you. You know there is good stuff in it!) The Mosaic Punch pieces and the Festive Flurry snowflakes were all leftovers just waiting to be used. No stamps to clean and no paper scraps to clean up!
- Dig out that “To, From” stamp that you have in an old stamp set on your shelf. You can turn any image into a tag and add a nice stamped “To/From” to make your tag.
- Remember buying those single stamps that Stampin’ Up! came out with? Get those out! 3 of the tags above are created from the single stamps! (Aren’t they pretty? These are still available until January 31. Get these for next year to make your tag making an easy task! Check mystampingstore.com!)
- Use your scraps! This is the perfect time to use up those scrap pieces. (Again…take a look at that pile sitting next to you!) See what you can create with the leftovers on your table!
- Keep it simple. Don’t over complicate things! Once you get a stamper going, they want to add all the bells and whistles. Set a timer and challenge yourself to make at least 10 tags in the next 20 minutes! Make several of the same tag. If you purchase pre-made tags, you’d get several each of a few designs.
- Don’t over embellish. (Okay…this does go with the keep it simple theme as well.) What’s going to happen to those tags? Don’t use expensive embellishments if you know the tags will end up in the garbage on Christmas Day! (How day those people you give the gifts to! Don’t they know that those tags are your works of art, lovingly made just for them?! )
- Save samples of your tags to create scrapbook pages with! (See # 7…they are works of art that you lovingly made!) Use up some of your leftover Season of Style Designer Paper, add your tags and some pictures. The tags can be used to add your journaling on your scrapbook page. They really make great pages, and it chronicles your stamping skills over time if you do this every year!
- Baker’s Twine…it’s inexpensive and easy. Look how that Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine adds color and fun to the tags! (Plus…I don’t feel bad when it lands in the garbage at the end of the holiday!) Linen thread is another inexpensive tool to have on hand.
- Keep your color palette simple. (Again…see #6 and 7!) It’s easier to clean up and it requires less thinking. Pick three colors and a neutral and make all of your tags coordinate! Simple and quick!
Get the tags done so you can go have some eggnog or wassail! Enjoy your holiday and remember to relax! You’ve earned it!
Shop online at mystampingstore.com to get the supplies you will need for next year’s last minute gift tags!