On this page, you will find resources that you might find useful to use!!!!
If you are looking for card, scrapbooking or project inspiration:
One of my favorites is Stampin’ Connection. This is a demonstrator only site full of ideas, videos and so forth. You can contribute and share your stuff or just go and find inspiration there. You should have received an email invitation from Stampin’ Up! to join. If you didn’t, call demonstrator support to get the login information. This is free and fabulous!
This is a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator Website also full of ideas. This is not a free resource and is separate from Stampin’ Up! The cost of this is $50. There are several things I like about it and one or two drawbacks.
What I like:
- You get really up-to-the-minute updates about what is going on with Stampin’ Up!
- Many talented people post photos and tutorials on this site and you can CASE them and use them for classes, videos, blog posts and so forth.
- You can get any question answered within minutes!
- Marti Carpo posts an MDS summary of ideas, tutorials, links and so forth every week.
- You can earn free time if you share stuff on there.
- You get a $10 on John Sanpietro’s boot camp classes if you are a Sudsol Member.
What I don’t like:
- People speculate about things quite a bit…they tend to worry out loud in emails to everyone.
- You get a lot of emails! (But the ideas are often worth it!)
- Some people post tons of stuff and it isn’t always positive. You do have to weed through the negative comments occasionally.
- It’s not free.
We all use email to run our businesses! Emails never convey our emotion or our tone of voice. We need to use care with email and believe it or not, there is an etiquette to using email!!!
Social Media: FREE INFORMATION RESOURCES
1. Learn how to use Twitter. InkBig Academy has a great free Webinar on how to use Twitter in your business! You will get a ton of free tips and you will find out about @ and #!!!
Useful links that Lisa shares:
2. Learn how to make a podcast and create an Itunes podcast hosting account! This is a 6 Video series on how to podcast! It is FREE!
Why you should be podcasting from the experts in the field:
3. A newsletter and mailing list is your money maker! You must have one!
Here is a great “HOW TO” to set up a newsletter!
Inkbig Academy runs a weekly series of Podcasts where Lisa Pretto interviews successful Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. She asks them how they get started and how they run their business! See how all of these successful demonstrators each have a different business plan and see what it is that has made them successful!
Blogging and Social Media Information Sites
I’ve got two or three blogging and social media blogs that I subscribed to and they have been a source of seriously valuable information!
- I love Michael Steltzner and the Social Media Examiner! They are constantly giving free ebooks to download that are FULL of information on all aspects of blogging and social media. He also has frequent podcasts on various topics as well. I listen to podcasts when I am designing and creating my cards and scrapbook pages to post on my blog for the week. It really makes for a productive use of my time!!!
- I also love Stanford Smith’s Pushing Social Site, he’s got 4 free videos on how to get blog traffic. You can have a beautiful blog, but if nobody knows it’s there, what good is it? You need to get people to come to you!!!! This takes WORK. I mean it! It is the hardest part!!!
- Ben Hunt has a great site full of tutorials and blogging tips called Web Design from Scratch
Sign up for his Free 50 Web design secrets newsletter…50 amazing tips!!!!
Start with these and see how much you learn!!!