Welcome to Stamping and Scrapbooking Sundays!
This is a series that I’ve decided to start to share ideas on how to add stamping techniques and elements to our scrapbook pages. Why not combine two crafts that we love and get even more out of stamps and tools?!
I would love to invite you to submit ideas and be featured as a guest artist on my blog! Just email me at email@example.com and let me know that you have a scrapbook layout that uses stamping! I would love to see what you have created! You don’t need to be a blogger or a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, just someone who loves creating beautiful scrapbook pages!
Here are some tips on using stamping on your scrapbook pages:
I think that there are 3 or 4 basic concepts to adding our stamping techniques to our scrapbook pages.
- Use your stamps to create your background paper. You can make it bold and bright or you can make it tone-on-tone as I have here. It is almost like a watermarked image.
- You can create stamped elements to add as page embellishments or focal points. I imagine myself using this technique the most! I can picture all of the great stamp and framelit sets or stamp and punch sets that would make this easy. Plus, you can pop the stamped images up on dimenionals and create texture and dimension. I used this technique in my scrapbook layout a couple of days ago. Check it out HERE.
- You can create pockets, journaling boxes, title elements and so forth to add interest to your page.
- Add great stamped sentiments to your pages! Get double duty out of the stamp sets you buy when you use them to create scrapbook pages! I always feel better making a purchase if I know I’m going to use it and if I know I can use it for more than one purpose!
- Create a two page layout at one time. When you open your scrapbook, it’s nice to see facing pages that match or have a common theme and color scheme. You can create two pages exactly alike, two mirror images, or two pages with common elements rearranged in different ways.
Gallery of Ideas and Links to the Original Post with Instructions:
This set uses all different sentiment sets to create a background for my page layout:
To see the original post of this layout, CLICK HERE!
Here are two other views:
This layout features a stamp set to create a focal image or embellishment on a page.
Here is the “matching” page:
Summer Silhouettes is a really wonderful stamp set full of quite a variety of stamp images to choose from! How pretty will this be below a favorite photo?!
Click here to see the original link with instructions and details.
Stay tuned for more next Sunday, April 28!