I’ve decided to start a new series called Stamping and Scrapbooking Sunday! Earlier this week, I was asked if I knew of any place to get information about combining our two favorite crafts! I did some research and discovered that there are many card making websites and many scrapbooking websites, but I didn’t find any devoted to the combination of the two. I’ve decided to create a page on my website to do just that and I will be creating a series of video tutorials to go along with it. I have a Board on my Pinterest Page for scrapbooking as well.
For years, I did Creative Memories. I loved their products, but they required their demonstrators to keep a considerable inventory and we weren’t allowed to have independent blogs. I still have several of the tools from my time doing that and I still use them to this day. I still love the corner rounder and that multi-purpose tool that looks like a spatula. LOVE that.
I love the freedom Stampin’ Up! gives me to have my own blog and the ability to share all of my ideas and tips with other people. I also like having an online store that handles the business end! It’s a fabulous thing to be able to create projects and then share them immediately with other people. I also have a tiny house, so not storing any inventory is fabulous!
- Use your stamps to create your background paper. You can make it bold and bright or you can make it tone-on-tone as I have here. It is almost like a watermarked image. This is the technique I have used in my page layouts for today’s sample.
- You can create stamped elements to add as page embellishments or focal points. I imagine myself using this technique the most! I can picture all of the great stamp and framelit sets or stamp and punch sets that would make this easy. Plus, you can pop the stamped images up on dimenionals and create texture and dimension. I used this technique in my scrapbook layout a couple of days ago. Check it out HERE.
- You can create pockets, journaling boxes, title elements and so forth to add interest to your page.
- Add great stamped sentiments to your pages! Get double duty out of the stamp sets you buy when you use them to create scrapbook pages! I always feel better making a purchase if I know I’m going to use it and if I know I can use it for more than one purpose!
For this scrapbook layout, I used a variety of sentiments from a number of stamp sets. I ordinarily try to limit my stamps set use to 2 per project so it’s easier for someone to recreate a project without needing a craft room full of supplies. Not so here! I wanted a variety of sentiments in a variety of fonts, so lots of stamp sets were necessary!
My stamp set selection: Best of Love (#132987), Loving Thoughts (#125845), Kindness Matters (#122902) and You Are My Sunshine from the single stamp set sale (#132671), A Round Array (#129090).
My paper selection: Whisper White (8×8″ background, 3×4″ Mat), Marina Mist (3-1/4 x 4-1/4″ mat), Crumb Cake (5-1/2 x 8″), Print Poetry Designer Series Paper (#129312), Tea for Two Designer Series Paper (#129311).
Ink: Crumb Cake (#126975) and Whisper White Craft Ink (#101731)
Accessories: 1-3/8″ Circle Punch (#119860), 1-3/4″ Circle Punch (#119850), This and That Washi Tape (#131269), 7/8″ Circle Punch (#129404), Pool Party Baker’s Twine (#125574), Scallop Edge Border Punch (#119882), Snail adhesive (#104332) and Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430).
I personally, always make a two page layout each time I scrapbook. When I open my scrapbooks, I want the two pages facing each other to have the same theme. I either make them alike, I mirror image them, or I rearrange elements from one page to the next. The papers, and colors all match. That is no doubt a personal preference, but it also makes scrapbooking so much quicker!
Video tutorial of the process:
If you enjoy this series, you will love my Perfectly Simple Virtual Stamp Club and FREE online stamping and scrapbook classes!
Are you a crafter that is short on time,money and ideas?
Do you have a long wish list from the Stampin’ Up! Catalog?
Do you like to try different crafting techniques and projects?
Then The Perfectly Simple Virtual Club is the answer!
It’s a great way to budget your crafting purchases…
Try different crafting techniques and projects each month…
AND membership has it’s privileges!
What is a virtual stamp club?
- A virtual stamp club is an exclusive club for crafters who are committed to becoming better at their craft.
- Club members commit to purchasing a minimum of $35 per month in catalog product (before tax and shipping).
- Club members commit to purchasing for a minimum of six months.
- Orders are placed in my Online Store and shipped directly to club members.
- When orders are placed, between the 1st and 15th of each month, club members will receive free exclusive class videos each month highlighting different techniques and products. ( You will get cards, scrapbook pages and 3D projects!)
What are the benefits of being a club member?
- You will receive all current catalogs. Free!
- You can join at any time, you don’t have to wait for another round to start.
- You can stay for as long as they like, or you can leave once the six month commitment is finished.
- You will receive exclusive class videos each month after placing you order.
- You will receive a printable technique card that gives the basic instructions for the technique taught for that month. This card can be printed out and put in an album to refer back to at any time.
- You will have life time access to all class videos that you receive.
- Both paper crafting supplies and digital crafting supplies can be counted towards the monthly minimum purchase.
- You can watch class videos at any time that is convenient for you. Rewind and Replay as often as you like!!!
Thank you for visiting!
Happy paper crafting!