I’ve spent the last 7 days immersed in being creative in my craft studio (aka…my basement where the crickets and spiders roam). I can’t believe how much better I feel today than I did a week ago. There is nothing like allowing yourself time to just create. I really believe that it heals your soul!
I haven’t felt like I really needed inspiration, but I’ve been participating in quite a few challenges and I feel so completely inspired to just keep creating. My house is desperately in need of a good dust and vac, but who cares?!
There are several aspects to participating in challenges that I find inspiring.
- I enjoy a challenge!
- I love seeing what the design teams create.
- I also love seeing what the other participants come up with using the same challenge.
- You actually meet new people and become a part of the papercrafting community.
- Every now and then you win! It’s fun to be recognized.
- I also know that it’s good for my business and my blog to get my name out there, but I have to confess that is the last and least important reason that I’ve been doing it.
Check out my card for today:
I created this card for the Global Design Project color challenge.
The sentiment that I’ve selected is actually from a Christmas stamp set, but this is not a Christmas card! You know that I love this color combination since I’ve been using variations of it for so many cards lately! I just couldn’t resist trying one more!
I’ve used the Mixed Borders stamp set with Mint Macaron and the sentiment is from the Merriest Wishes stamp set and it is stamped in Rich Razzleberry. The Blushing Bride is used as the scalloped mat for the sentiment along with the solid baker’s twine.
I tried to keep the card clean and simple because I’ve been enjoying creating CAS or clean and simple cards lately. You may also recognize the layout since I used it a couple of weeks ago in a different color scheme and an every day sentiment. I love the mixed border stamp set and the variety of ways that you can use the great border images.
Thank you for stopping by!
If you need to purchase supplies, shop online at mystampingstore.com!