I really love the Stampin’ Up! Best of Stamp Sets. I have to say, I especially adore the March and April sets with the butterflies and flowers. The images Stampin’ Up! chose are really from classic stamp sets. You can create such a variety of cards with these sets using a multitude of different techniques! Today, I used a masking and sponging technique that I find quite fun and pretty.
I stamped the flower image from the Best of Flower stamp set (#133342) in Midnight Muse ink on Whisper White card stock. I stamped this twice right next to each other to make the image extend across the Apothecary Accent Framelit (#127003). I stamped the sentiment from the Just Believe (#120453) set in Early Espresso slightly above the image. I created a mask to make the moon using my 1-1/4″ circle punch (#119861) and a Post-It note. I punched the circular hole in the Post-It and then sponged on So Saffron creating the moon. I removed the mask and then carefully sponged Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Marina Mist and Midnight Muse to create my night sky effect. I then cut this out with my framelit. I also cut a piece of Pretty in Pink with the same framelit, cut it in half and then attached it to my image with snail.
I also cut out a doily with my Perfect Pennants Bigz Die (#123126) in Whisper White using my Big Shot (#113439). The small flag below was created using the Hearts a Flutter Framelits (#130159) and my Fancy Fans Embossing Folder (#127751). I attached these piece with snail to the back of my matted image and attached it to the card base, which is Midnight Muse card stock cut at 5-1/2 x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″.
Few…still not done! I attached 3 large pearls to the right bottom corner of the card (#125577). The butterfly was created by stamping 2 images from the Best of Butterflies (#133345). These got punched out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch (#127526). The bottom butterfly is attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430). The top butterfly image has 3 small pearls added down the center to act as the body and the wings are folded up so it appears to be flying. This is attached with 2 glue dots along just the body part so the wings stick up. Done!
I haven’t used any techniques that a beginner could not master in minutes. I would not call this a beginner card only because of the number of tools that it took to create the card. No beginner has that many tools around. That is the fabulous part of being a long time stamper…you’ve got all of the fabulous tools around! I love that Big Shot. I can’t imaging card making without my Big Shot and punches. They truly add such great detail to a card. It takes your creativity to that next level and then some. Masking is a beautiful technique, as is sponging. However, when you can add special shapes and embossing, WOW!
If you don’t have a Big Shot, what are you waiting for?
Stamping up is giving you 2 ways to get the stamping supplies you want with two special offers!
1. If you make a $350 purchase, you get $80 in free stamping supplies! You would get your usual $50 hostess benefits, plus $30 extra for purchasing between now and May 30! That is a great way to not only get your Big Shot, but to also get embossing folders, framelits and dies to go with it. You can also get a bunch of punches as well!
$350 is a lot of money to spend, so they have a second option!
2. You can join Stampin’ Up! as an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and purchase the Starter Kit for only $99 plus tax. The starter kit ships for FREE! For only $99, you get to select $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products. That is a pretty amazing deal!
What are the benefits of joining as a demonstrator and purchasing the Starter Kit?
- If you join with me now as part of my team, you will be eligible to PRE-ORDER from the new 2013-2014 Catalog on April 24! Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators get to order the new goodies 5 weeks before customers do!
- Plus, if you order $150 or more between now and May 30, you will save 30% on that order!
- You will then save 20% on all future orders that you place as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!
- The Starter Kit is fully customizable! You can order any $155 in stamping supplies that you want from any current catalog including digital content and the clearance rack!
- If you join my team, The Scrap Artists, you will be mentored by me! I have been teaching and mentoring other teachers for the last 25 years! I have created a website just for my team to use as a resource where they can find information on how to run a profitable stamping business! It is a place where my team members can ask questions, answer questions, share ideas and inspiration!
- You can also get tons of free stuff, cash bonuses and so forth. I am a Stampin’ Start success story. I met the minimum requirements in sales and recruiting during my first 6 months as a demonstrator and promoted to Supervisor. I received several free stamp sets, products and cash bonuses when I did that!
- You are not obligated to purchase anything beyond the starter kit if you choose not to. You have 3 months to decide if you really want to get a profitable stamping business going and if you decide you want to continue, which I hope you do, you can do so by holding some workshops and getting your business started! You need to meet a $300 quarterly minimum to remain active as a demonstrator!
How do you join?
You need to fill out an online form to join. Stampin’ Up! will send you a demonstrator number and give you access to their demonstrator website. Then you get to select your $155 worth of stamping supplies for $99 plus tax and FREE shipping!
I would love to have you join my team! I would be delighted to help you start and build a profitable stamping business!
Have more questions? Email me at email@example.com!
I almost forgot! Today’s card was created using the Paper Craft Crew Sketch for the week!!! I am a design team member for the Paper Craft Crew! Yet one more fun benefit of being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator! Here is the sketch that I started with!
Thank you for visiting!