13 Quick Ideas For Those Paper Strips You’ve Been Saving!
I believe that I’ve already confessed to saving ridiculously small pieces of scrap paper! It’s just so hard to throw away pretty papers, no matter how small. I always endeavor to find a use for it…or save it until I do!
This week’s Paper Craft Crew card sketch challenge calls for a strip of paper or ribbon across the bottom of the card front. I decided to challenge myself and see how many ideas I could come up with for that strip using some of my leftover card stock strips.
In just a few short minutes, I came up with 13 ideas:
- Just leave it plain. Keep it clean and simple!
- Washi Tape
- Stamp a borderette stamp in a contrasting color
- Stamp a borderette stamp (or two!) in a tone-on-tone. Here I’ve stamped So Saffron ink on So Saffron card stock.
- Emboss with a border embossing folder
- Emboss with any folder
- Stamp your sentiment and add some embellishments
- Use a confetti border punch
- Use a border punch
- Use an Edgelit and your Big Shot
- Create a pennant
- Add ribbon or twine
- Use paper piercing to create a border or design…
- Also…use your markers to free hand your own design or pattern!
Here is a sneak peek of my Paper Craft Crew card for this week’s sketch. I’ve combined two of my ideas together to create the look I wanted:
With a little bit of experimenting, you can put your paper scraps to good use and add some special touches to your cards!
Here is a video tutorial to share these ideas:
Be sure to stop by tomorrow…the retired list comes out!
This will be your last chance to get the retiring products…they are available only while supplies last! There will also be some special pricing on many of the retiring products!
Thank you for stopping by!