My Paper Craft Crew design challenge this week was to create a Father’s Day card with a retiring stamp set using the layout above. One of my favorite stamp sets for kids is the Make a Monster set which is retiring on June 3! I love the possibilities with this stamp set!!!
Inks and Papers: Very Vanilla and Soft Suede card stock, Comfort Care Designer Series Paper, Cajun Craze and Midnight Muse ink
Stamp Sets: Make a Monster and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Accessories: Linen Thread and Natural Designer Buttons
As a teacher, I can think of so many great lesson ideas with this stamp set! Here are just a few ideas:
- You could have the kids stamp a bunch of different images using the different eyes, mouths and hair or horns! Cut out the images and attach them to a craft stick. The kids can create and perform a play with their monster characters.
- Have the kids create a book using the stamp set as the images for the book. They can write a story based on the characters in their book. Hopefully, they will create a great science fiction story!!!
- Create a dichotomous key using the images and have the kids classify a dozen different monster images. (My personal favorite lesson idea since I am a science teacher!)
- You can create a math lesson with these creatures. Cut them out and mount them on chipboard. You can do adding and subtracting lessons with the monsters…If you have 3 monsters in one pile and add them to 4 monsters in the other pile, how many monsters do you end up with?
You get the idea!!! I think they would also make cute party favors and gift bag tags as well. Honestly, the possibilities are endless. I’ll be saving my stamp set to make cute party accessories for my son’s next birthday. He’ll be 20 in August, but he’s a good sport!!! He actually gave me a thumbs up on my card today! (Of course, he probably wants money or needs his laundry done or something!)
Click the shop now button to order Stampin’ Up! products online 24/7!
The Starter Kit Special Ends in Two Days!
You can have it all!!! $155 worth of stamping supplies of your choice for $99 plus tax and FREE shipping! You get friends, fun, discounts and more!
Thank you for visiting!
Remember these dates:
- May 30: Last day for the Starter Kit or Hostess Special
- May 31: Last day to order from the Spring Catalog
- May 31: First day to order from the new 2013-2014 Annual Catalog
- June 3: Last day to get the retiring stamps and accessories
Finally! You need to know that you will not be able to place an online order on Friday, May 31 from Midnight (MT) to noon (MT)!!