How about just one more watercolor card? This card was created for this week’s Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge. Watercoloring is so relaxing. If you have never tried it or haven’t tried it in a while, it’s worth picking up that Aqua Painter and giving it a try!
I think the Aqua Painters make this technique really easy. If you don’t have Aqua Painters, you can also do this with a damp paint brush (not too wet and definitely not dry!). Choose a smaller paint brush, have a small dish with water and a damp paper towel handy as well.
- Very Vanilla card stock cut at 4-1/4 x 11″, score and fold at 5-1/2″, scrap cut at 1/2 x 3-3/4″
- Old Olive card stock cut at 4 x 5-1/4″
- Etcetera Designer Paper cut at 3-3/4 x 5″
- Melon Mambo card stock cut at 2-7/8 x 3-1/8″
- Daffodil Delight card stock cut at 3/4 x 3″
- Watercolor Paper cut at 2-3/4 x 3″
- StazOn Basic Black Ink
- Aqua Painter
- Inks: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive
- Brights Designer Buttons
- Daffodil Delight Seam Binding
- Stamps: A Dozen Thoughts, Peaceful Petals
Purchase your stamping supplies online at mystampingstore.com!
- Stamp your images in StazOn Black ink. This is a permanent ink that won’t run when you watercolor the image. Make sure it is completely dry before moving on.
- Use Watercolor Paper. It is a heavier weight paper that won’t warp and wrinkle as you add your watercolor.
- Practice! Experimenting and trying different watercoloring techniques will help you get the look that you love!
This card was created using this week’s Paper Craft Crew sketch. Consider participating in the challenge and giving it a try!
You can see that I added a bow to the left side of my interpretation of this sketch and I changed the shape of the focal point to a rectangle. That’s the beauty of starting with a sketch. It gives you a point to begin and then you can make little changes to really make it your card!
Get A Free Foil Flower Shop Technique Tutorial When You Shop Online at mystampingstore.com!
Bling is back! Have you noticed all the silver and gold accents in fashion, décor, and crafting? Shiny metallics are the hot trend. This tutorial gives you 4 unique ways you can use our high-quality Foil Sheets to add metallic accents on your favorite stamping and crafting projects!
In this class, you will make:
- 4 Cards
- 1 Pocket Card
This class includes:
- Foil Sheets 4 Ways Tutorial
- Bonus Ideas
- Alternate Project Samples
- Foil Sheets 4 Ways
(dry embossed, heat embossed, punched & stamped)
Shop online at mystampingstore.com!
Thank you for visiting! I hope you enjoyed just one more watercolor card!