I feel in love with the Seas & Greetings Scrapbook Workshop Kit as soon as I saw it on the Close To My Heart site. This set was a December and January monthly special.
It has a snowy winter theme on one side of the paper and a tropical beachy winter theme on the other side. It seemed perfect for those of us living in warm places.
I was wondering if I would ever have a reason to use the snowy winter themed stickers and papers until my daughter had a snow day thanks to a February blizzard in Michigan!
Isn’t this layout adorable? I created a layout sketch to utilize the scraps of patterned paper that I had left over from the first 3 layouts that I made with this kit. Download the PDF of the layout here: Stamping Imperfection Snowy Day Layout Sketch
How I added the 5 Elements of Scrapbook Layouts:
- Photos: You can see that for this layout, I am using 2 photos that are 4 x 6″ in portrait mode.
- Canvas: My canvas is a pretty Lagoon cardstock and some scraps of patterned paper and solid cardstock that I had leftover. I’ve used the sketch above for my layout.
- Embellishments: My embellishments combine some tags that I cut using some thin cuts in my stash, some stickers from the kit, acrylic mittens and snowflakes from the kit contents, and some stamping with White Daisy pigment ink and a filler stamp from the coordinating stamp set with the kit.
- Title: The title uses some acrylic words that came in the workshop kit.
- Journaling: I added a date sticker above my photos and I will handwrite the journaling in the space below the photos directly on the canvas (cardstock layout base).
I also added a border using white gel pen around the edge. I love how the white border and the stamped berry bubbles add a nice brightness around the page. I always love these kinds of details on a layout!
Are you interested in the products I used? To make them easier for you to find, I have linked them below. (Affiliate disclosure ) As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your purchases help keep my blog running at no additional cost to you and I thank you for the support!
White daisy ink: White Daisy Exclusive Inks™ Pigment Pad (Z2863) | Close To My Heart
Seas & Greetings Winter Stamps Set: Seas & Greetings—Winter Stamp + Thin Cuts (CC11227) | Close To My Heart
Seas & Greetings Coordinating Paper Pack: Seas & Greetings Coordinating Cardstock (CC11223) | Close To My Heart
February Special: Monthly Specials | Close To My Heart
Die Cutting and Embossing Machine: https://kimskinner.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=15720
Paper Trimmer: https://kimskinner.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=10307
Non-Stick Paper Snips: https://kimskinner.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=7190&ci=15523
Foam Dots: https://kimskinner.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=10305
Tombow Liquid Adhesive: https://kimskinner.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=12566
All Purpose Teflon Mat: https://kimskinner.closetomyheart.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=8035&ci=15485
Tabs Thin Cuts: https://kimskinner.closetomyheart.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=15505&ci=22127
Tags and Tabs Thin Cuts: https://kimskinner.closetomyheart.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=13752&ci=17763
All Purpose Tags Thin Cuts: https://kimskinner.closetomyheart.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=17158&ci=25374
Journaling Pen: https://kimskinner.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=17099
Non-stick paper snip scissors: Non-stick Micro-tip Scissors (Z1836) | Close To My Heart
Thanks for stopping by!!