I’m creating outside my comfort zone today! I decided to participate in two color challenges and at least one of the cards consists of a lot of colors that I probably never would have put together myself!
Can you guess which one?
Before I show you the cards…one of the other things that I challenged myself to do was to use as many of this week’s Weekly Deal items as I could!
This is a clean and simple design that uses 3 of this week’s sale items: The Curly Label Punch, the bitty banner framelits and the Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon.
I’ve added some other fun items: The Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder, The Itty Bitty Banner stamp set, the Essentials Hodgepodge Clips, Baked Brown Sugar thick baker’s twine and some pearls.
The color challenge was to used Crushed Curry, Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana. With color challenges, you are always allowed one neutral of your choice and you can see that here I chose Whisper White.
Fun and trendy design ideas shown on this card:
- Layer your punches and framelits. Look how great the banner framelit layers on top of the curly label punch. Play around with the shapes and colors of your punches and framelits. It adds real interest to your cards.
- Layer your ribbons and twines. Don’t you love the way layered ribbons look? Don’t you find a card more interesting when you see baker’s twine or linen thread wrapped around the card and ribbon layers for that one extra little touch.
- Use your embellishments. How much more interesting is this card with the star clip and the pearls added?
- Background touches like embossing or tone-on-tone stamping make such a different. It actually helps your focal point to pop on the card.
I know what your thinking: “Wow! That’s a lot of color and what an interesting combination. Who would put all of those colors together?” (As I said…creating outside my comfort zone!)
The weekly deals used on this card: The Itty Bitty Framelits and the Pumpkin Pie Chevron Ribbon
Other touches: Flower Patch stamp set, Flower Flair framelits, Itty Bitty Banner stamp set, white baker’s twine, pearls colored with Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities, Bitty Shapes Punches
Color Challenge: Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Strawberry Slush. Again, I chose Whisper White as my neutral.
I’d give you some design tips on this card, but WOW, that’s a lot of color! Just be brave and go for it, right?!
Shop online at mystampingstore.com during July and get the Blendabilities Techniques Online Class for Free!!
- Start creating great cards and projects with these 12 Stampin’ Blendabilities Techniques: Coloring Vellum, Faux Glass Flower, Coloring Metal, Coloring Pearls, Coloring Rhinestone, Coloring Ribbon, Pointillism, Blended Background, Blended Coloring, Coloring Buttons, Highlighting with Color Lifter, Coloring Glitter.
- Learn 5 new WOW! projects that you can dazzle your friends and family with!
• 2 Mini Notes
• 2 Cards
• 1 Sticky Note Holder
• Add the printable Stampin’ Blendabilities 101 Step-by-Step tutorial to your technique folder to refer to over and over.
• Practice what you are learning with the printable Stampin’ Blendabilities Practice Sampler.
• Add to your stash of cards and gifts with the Bonus Ideas and alternate sample project suggestions.
Shop online at mystampingstore.com!
Thank you for visiting!! Try creating outside your comfort zone today!!