I used two fun techniques to create my cards today. One great product that Stampin’ Up! now carries is the Core’dinations card stock. They carry it in all of their colors! You basically have over 40 choices of paper colors in this fabulous product. I also used heat embossing on an antique brad so that it matched the color of my background paper. I have two cards to show you with these techniques today!
You will also find two video tutorials on using core’dinations papers and embossing the brad below!
You can shop for your stamping supplies in my Online Stampin’ Up! store!
- Cut whisper white card stock at 4-1/4 x 11″, score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Cut real red Core’dinations card stock (part of the brights collection) at 4 x 5-1/4″. Emboss this with the new Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder and the Big Shot.
- Lightly sand the embossed card stock with a sanding block and wipe it clean with the sanding cloth.
- Tie whisper white ribbon around the real red card stock and attach the card stock to the card base with snail adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Happy Day stamp set in real red on whisper white. Cut this out with the Apothecary Accents framelits and the big shot. Attach it to the card with stampin’ dimensionals.
- Stamp an image from the Mosaic Madness stamp set and punch it out with the new Mosaic Punch, again using real red ink and white card stock. Add a rhinestone and attach to the card with a dimensional!
To construct the card on the right: (See video 2 for the brad and bow technique!)
- Cut real red core’dinations card stock at 4-1/4 x 8-1/2″, score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Emboss the front of the card with the Modern Mosaic embossing folder and the Big Shot.
- Lightly sand with the sanding block and wipe the dust with the sanding cloth.
- Cut a 4-1/4″ piece of whisper white ribbon and attach it to the card with SNAIL adhesive.
- Stamp an image from the Mosaic Madness stamp set in real red ink on whisper white card stock and punch it out with the Mosaic Punch.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Happy Day stamp set in real red ink on white card stock. Cut it our and create a banner shape. Attach this to the card with snail adhesive. Attach the mosaic image on top of this with a dimensional.
- Apply versa mark ink to an antique brad by pushing the brad into the ink pad. Dip this in Cherry Cobbler embossing powder and heat set with a heat gun.
- Open the prongs of the brad and place a loop of ribbon inside the prongs. Close the prongs of the brad around the ribbon creating a bow. Attach this to the card with a glue dot.
Tool Tip: Core’dinations
The core’dinations card stock is sold as color family variety packs. You get 4 each of 10 different colors for the major color families. For the two sets of InColors, you get 4 sheets each of the 5 InColors in each set.
Core’dinations papers are fun because the core of the paper is a different color than the outside of the paper. When you emboss it and sand it, it gives you a vintage or aged look on your project.
You can purchase the sanding block and the sanding cloth from Stampin’ Up! as well!
Video 1: Tool Tip: How to use Core’dinations Card Stock
Video 2: Quick Card and Embossing an Antique Brad Technique
Thank you for visiting today!
Get all of your stamping supplies from my Online Stampin’ Up! store!!!