This week’s Paper Craft Crew Challenge is a challenge to use your favorite new product.
I’ve tried so many new products this year that it really is impossible to pick just one.
I decided to share my favorite new products of the week!
How adorable is this little penguin on the snowy hills under the night sky?
What favorite things did I use here?
- Distress Oxide inks: I love these. I felt like I discovered a new planet when I stumbled upon these ink pads. They have a fun chalky appearance, the colors are fantastic and they blend beautifully. Plus, there are Distress Markers, Distress Dye inks, Distress Crayons and they all coordinate. I LOVE that!
- I used my Shimmer Mist on the card. I love to add sparkle and shine to cards. The shimmer mist photographs like water spots, however, it is super sparkly in person.
- Wink of Stella: I added that to the top of the snowbanks. This is also hard to see in the photo, but what fabulous sparkle.
- I love the black and white striped papers and washi tape. This set is from MFT Stamps. They have a 6 x 6″ paper stack of all black and white papers. Catherine Pooler has a set also. Doodle Bug designs has washi tape like this.
- Copic Coloring: I had trouble deciding between Copics and watercolors, but I’m currently taking a Copic class and they were sitting in front of me. I love these new color mediums and I am having a blast taking classes. I’m also improving. I can see the difference between what I’m making now versus a year ago. Practice makes a difference.
- Studio Katia embellishments. I mean, these are also fabulous. I’ve used clear drops and an iridescent star. I also love Neat & Tangled and Pretty Pink Posh embellies too.
- This penguin stamp and die set from MFT stamps. I also LOVE this. It is too cute. I can’t stop coloring these little guys and have you seen a happier holiday sentiment? I think this one says it all!
- White gel pens. Who knew how much detail you could add with a gel pen and how much difference a few spots or highlights make on a card? It’s amazing.
- Brutus Monroe Simple Blends masks. I just got these during his Black Friday week sales and I love them. What a time saver and a resource saver. Brilliant idea Christopher Alan!
I would love to hear what your new favorite things are! Please join us this week for the Paper Craft Crew challenge and let us know what your favorite new crafty thing is!
So I am going to apologize for not linking things tonight. It’s getting late and I’m exhausted. I’m going to turn in early tonight so I can be at my best for the 100 teenagers who need my best from me tomorrow.
Have a wonderful day and I hope you find time to relax!