Have you tried making a one layered card lately?
I have a fun technique that I like to use with silhouette type images. The Wild About Flowers is a great silhouette two step stamp that works well with the clear block technique.
The clear block technique just involves inking up a clear block directly from the ink pad and then using it like a square stamp. I used So Saffron, Peekaboo Peach, and Mint Macron for my clear block stamping. You can see that I lined up the top square and the bottom square and then offset and overlapped the center square.
I used Emerald Envy to stamp the stems and the Calypso Coral for the flower tops and the sentiment from the Wild About Flowers.
My embellishments include Calypso Coral thick baker’s twine and the tiny pearls.
I actually stepped this card up using the embellishments and by stamping on a mat attached to the card base. This would be a great card if you just stamped directly on the card base and left off the embellishments. (Okay…I was covering up a stamping mishap and salvaging the card base by adding the layer!)
- Cut the card base at 4-1/4 x 11″, score at 5-1/2″ (You can stamp directly on the base or add a layer like I did here. This is cut at 4-1/8 x 5-3/8″ to cover a smudging incident!)
- Use your clear block and press directly on the so saffron ink pad and stamp on your card in the upper left.
- Clean the block off and repeat this with the mint macaron in the lower left corner trying to get the same amount of white space to the left and below as the saffron has to the left and above.
- Clean the block off and repeat with the peekaboo peach, stamping in the center and off-set to the right.
- Stamp your stem image in emerald envy.
- Stamp the flowers in calypso coral.
- Stamp the sentiment to the lower right in calypso coral.
- Wrap the calypso coral around the card twice and tie a bow.
- Add the tiniest pearls around the stem.
This card was inspired by this week’s Paper Craft Crew Challenge which was a color challenge. The challenge involved using 3 of the following colors: Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Mint Macron, and one new In Color.
2016 Color Combo 4
I used 5 colors because I found the combination to be irresistible! ( I believe that means that I cheated on the challenge…I was only supposed to use 3 colors plus the white.)
Check out the cards created by the design team at the Paper Craft Crew and play along by creating your own card using this color challenge!
Thanks for stopping by!
Shop online at mystampingstore.com!
Kim I just love this card. Definitely a technique I want to try. Great color combo! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Anita! This is a quick and easy technique. I always love when I can do more with my tools!
*This really answered my problem, thank you!