My Halloween Sketch Challenge comes from my weekly Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge and one of those, “How will I ever use THAT stamp” challenge. By THAT stamp, I mean the giant image from the Toil and Trouble stamp set in the Holiday Catalog from Stampin’ Up!
My Halloween Sketch Challenge design popped into my head as soon as I saw this week’s Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge, I knew that this would be the stamp set I would use. It really is perfect for the sketch!
Take a look at the sketch! I merely turned it 90 degrees!
Paper and Ink: Tangerine Tango (5-1/2 x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″), Basic Black (cut at 4-1/8 x 5-3/8″) and Very Vanilla Card Stock, Witches’ Brew Designer Series Paper (cut at 4 x 5-1/4″), StazOn Black ink
Stamp Set: Toil and Trouble
Accessories: Big Shot, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Black Taffeta Ribbon, Metal Designer Button
- Stamp your images on very vanilla in black StazOn and cut the sentiment out with the Apothecary Accents framelits Cut the bird out with your paper snips.
- Cut a piece of black and a piece of tangerine tango card stock using the Apothecary Accents framelits and then run them and a 3/4 x 3-3/4″ piece of tangerine tango through the Houndstooth embossing folder.
- Cut the embossed framelits in half and layer them to give a double mat on the top and bottom of the stamped image.
- Attach two pieces of ribbon to the small piece of tangerine tango using glue dots. Center this on the back of your sentiment between the framelit mats.
- Add two short pieces of the ribbon in an “X” to the metal button with a couple of glue dots. Attach the bird with a dimensional and add the button to the sentiment with glue dots.
- Attach the dsp to the basic black mat. Attach your sentiment on top of the mats, wrapping the ribbon around to the back of the mats and attaching with glue dots.
- Add the entire piece to the card base!
You can purchase all of your Stampin’ Up! supplies online at mystampingstore.com!
Try your hand at a Halloween Sketch Challenge!!!