Need a quick card for a friend? How about trying one of the latest trends: Tags! I found a couple of tools and stamp sets that make it easy to create a quick all occasion card with a trendy tag!
This card reminds me of the 70’s. (Although…I was very young and don’t remember much about the 70’s!) This has denim, “rivets”, the spiral spins and it’s peachy keen! I probably should have used some crazy bright colors too!
Adding a tag to a card front is one of the current trends in card making. Stampin’ Up! has two new punches that will make this an easy trend to create with! They have two tag punches! Check it out:
The other is the Angled Tag Topper:
These are on my “LOVE” list of stamping tools! I find punches so convenient to use. I also manage to find different ways to use my punches so that I feel like I’m really getting my money’s worth out of them. Additionally, once you purchase a punch, you have it to use over and over again. I get a lot of use out of my punches!
Here are the other details for the card:
Materials and Measurements:
- Early Espresso card stock: cut one piece at 5-1/2 x 8-1/2″, score and fold at 4-1/4″, round the bottom corners with the corner punch
- Very Vanilla card stock 3-3/4 x 5″, round the bottom corners with the corner punch
- Crumb Cake card stock: cut at 2 x 4-1/2″, punch one end with the Scallop Tag Topper punch and trim the other end with the Finishing Touches Edgelits (25% off until Monday!) and the Big Shot
- Inks: Real Red, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede
- Neutrals Candy Dots
- Linen Thread
- Basic Metal Buttons
- Stamp Sets: Spiral Spin and Peachy Keen
- Blue Denim Jean Ribbon
- Hung Up Cute Clips
There are several trendy details on this card in addition to the tag. The arrow, the linen thread and the metal button are all trendy new embellishments being used on cards and scrapbook layouts.
I love these little paper clip arrows. Arrows are a big trend right now as well!
Purchase all of your trendy stamping and card making supplies online at mystampingstore.com!!
Thank you for visiting! Try adding a trendy tag the next time you make a quick card for a friend!
Very cute card Kim! Thanks for visiting my blog!
Thanks Holly! I’m looking forward to your Frosty Kisses Class!