This is one of my favorite card layouts for this DIY birthday card! We all have card layouts that we fall back on when we are creating and crafting with new stamp sets and tools. This is one of my favorites.
This is another one of the cards I created with the set of cards I made over the weekend. I created an entire background page by stamping one of the images from Petite Petals in Coastal Cabana, Real Red and Baked Brown Sugar in a random fashion. Then I punched out 3 squares with my 1-1/4″ punch. I used the 1-3/8″ punch to create Coastal Cabana mats for each square. I also cut a 3/4 x 5-1/2″ strip from the stamped background page.
- Whisper White (one sheet to create background sheet), one piece (cut at 5-1/2 x 8-1/2″, score and fold at 4-1/4″) and one piece cut at 1 x 3″
- Real Red cut at 1-1/4 x 3-1/4″
- In Color 2013-2015 strip of Coastal Cabana cut at 3/4 x 5-1/2″
- 3 Coastal Cabana Squares 1-3/8″ each
- Baked Brown Sugar Stretch Trim Ribbon
- Linen Thread
- In Color Adornment Embellishments
- Petite Petals Stamp Set
- Remember Your Birthday Stamp Set
- Inks: Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar
- 1-1/4″ and 1-3/8″ Square Punch
- Create the background paper by randomly stamping the petite petal image in coastal cabana, real red and baked brown sugar. Clean the stamp after each color. Punch 3 squares with the 1-1/4″ punch and cut one strip at 3/4 x 5-1/2″. Attach these to the coastal cabana squares and space them on the top front of the card.
- Attach the coastal cabana designer paper to the bottom of the card front. Attach the baked brown sugar ruffled trim to the bottom of the background strip and attach this to the bottom of the dsp on the front of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment in real red on the small piece of whisper white and cut a banner shape. Attach this to the real red piece and cut the banner shape in the real red. Attach this to the strips on the bottom left of the card front.
- Add several loops of linen thread to the left side of the sentiment and add an embellishment to the center of the loops.
Printable card instructions: petite petals squares card tutorial
Shop online for these supplies and more at mystampingstore.com!
Simply Cards Club:
If you are enjoying these printable tutorials, you will enjoy a monthly subscription to my Simply Cards Club! Receive an email approximately every 15 days or so with a picture and complete instructions for 2 exclusive card ideas! (That’s 4 card tutorials each month for only $4.95!) Create cards quickly and easily for every occasion with these card tutorials at your fingertips!
Thank you so much for visiting!
Shop online at mystampingstore.com for supplies to create your favorite card layouts like this DIY birthday card!